A WARM WELCOME!
We wish to welcome you to our house. We trust that your stay will be most pleasant and comfortable and that the house will be the perfect home away from home during your time exploring the West Coast of South Africa.
We are proud to offer you a clean and well looked after house. This home guide contains everything you need to know about the property including all the ins and outs, quirks and information to make your stay go off without a hitch. We have also included local restaurant and activity recommendations, host contact details, safety tips and house rules.
All original paintings in Salty Sandals are from local West Coast and other South African artists. Please enjoy our local talent.
If you need any assistance during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope you have a wonderful time!
HOST CONTACT DETAILS
In the event of any issues, please do not hesitate to contact your host on +27 60 817 9379
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
- • Arrival time only from 14:00;
- • Departure time not late that 10:00;
- • Requests for earlier arrival or later departure can be made with your host;
- • If the house is left in a condition where special cleaning is required, such charges will be deducted from the breakage deposit.
DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNITY
A disclaimer and indemnity form must be accepted on-line by the guest who made the booking. Failure to accept and agree with the Disclaimer and Indemnity document will result in the booking being cancelled. 4 Rafnia Crescent, Britannia Bay Saint Helena Bay Western Cape 7390
The House Rules are in place to not only ensure that the property is kept in good condition, but also to allow you to have a comfortable stay.
- • A maximum of 10 occupants are allowed on the premises. No additional guest/s will be allowed on the premises other that other than the number of guests mentioned in the original booking. Prior arrangements must be made with your hosts in the event of a change in this regard.
- • No large gatherings, parties or events are allowed at the property without making specific arrangements in advance with your hosts. Please keep noise levels to a minimum (especially after 10pm) in order not to disturb our neighbors and other residents in the area.
- • No pets are permitted on the property. Guide dogs allowed on pre-arrangement with hosts.
- • Linen, towels, hairdryers and other amenities are provided for your comfort. Please ensure these are left at the property when you check out.
- • If there are any breakages during your stay, please inform us via a message on the contact number provided. This helps us to make sure that the inventory is always kept up to date.
- • No smoking or vaping is allowed inside the house under any circumstances. Any cigarette buds that are disposed of when smoking outside, must be done so in a responsible manner so not to cause any fires or pollute the environment.
- • No excessive drinking allowed.
- • Please ensure that the doors of the built-in-braai is closed after using and when it is unattended (i.e. before leaving the house or going to bed) to prevent any fires.
- • Please ensure all valuables are stored away safely. The owner does not take any responsibility for loss of or damage personal items and property. Please make use of the safe provided for this purpose.
- • Please ensure that all windows, doors and gates are closed and securely locked, and the alarm system is armed on when leaving the property.
- • Please take care of keys and remotes for your own safety. Lost keys and/or remotes will be charged for and will be deducted from the breakage deposit.
Please be conscientious with water use as the Western Cape is experiencing drought conditions and Level 3 water restrictions are in place. Every drop of water used counts.
Thank you for using water sparingly. 4 Rafnia Crescent, Britannia Bay Saint Helena Bay Western Cape 7390
Power cuts/load shedding might occur on an ad hoc basis if South Africa’s electricity supplier schedules such events. If you require more information on this, please contact your host.
USE OF DOORSTOPS/HOOKS
The West Coast is famous for its strong winds. Please make use of door stops and hooks to prevent doors from slamming and breaking.
Please do not have blinds closed in front of open doors and windows as the wind coming through open windows and doors will cause damage to the blinds.
USE OF BOOKS
The upstairs lounge contains a variety of books and magazines for your reading pleasure. Please take care of our books and leave them for future guests to also enjoy.
THINGS TO KNOW
Safe Code: obtain from host
DSTV Premium available
Wi-fi password: obtain from host
Bin collections take place every Thursday. Please make sure the green bin is placed outside on the sidewalk for emptying. Please place bin back in its place afterwards.
Bin instructions on checkout: If checkout is on a Thursday, please place bin outside on sidewalk for emptying. If checkout is any other day, please leave bin in its place.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Safety and security are important to us. Salty Sandals are protected by a 24-hour armed response service from Singita Alarm Systems (number provided in emergency services number list.) Britannia Bay also has a 4 Rafnia Crescent, Britannia Bay Saint Helena Bay Western Cape 7390
24-hour neighborhood watch. The West Coast is relatively safe. However, it can do no harm to be observant and alert. Here are some useful tips:
– Close and lock all doors on the ground floor whilst on the beach or sleeping.
– Ensure valuables are stored safely from sight through doors and windows.
– For valuable items, please make use of the safe provided.
– Please ensure all windows are closed and doors and gates are securely locked, and the alarm system is armed when leaving the property.
Should the DSTV stop working, it might simply be switching the decoder off and switching it back on again. After re-load it should be functional again. However, if after 10 minutes it is still not working, please contact your host on +27 60 817 9379
If the internet is not working, please contact your host on +27 60 817 9379
If during your stay, maintenance services are required for the house, the owner and his appointed contractor will have full access to the house to perform such maintenance services.
RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS IN THE AREA
– Saint Helena Bay
Alegria Restaurant (dinner)
St Helena Bay Nursery and Coffee Shop (breakfast and lunch)
Seester Coffee Shop (breakfast and lunch)
Blikkie Pizzeria (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Voorstrand Restaurant (lunch and dinner) 4 Rafnia Crescent, Britannia Bay Saint Helena Bay Western Cape 7390
Marks Beach Bar (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Charlie”s Brewhouse (lunch and dinner)
Russels on the Port Restaurant (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Divas Coffee Shop (breakfast, light lunch)
– Spar, St Helena Bay – 10 min (12 km)
– Vetkoek den (walking distance)
– BP Marine for the best fish and chips in the west coast – 7min (8km)
– Popular destinations are Paternoster (21min, 18km), Veldrift (28mim, 29 km) and Langebaan (37min, 45 km)
|EMERGENCY NUMBERS Saldanha Bay Municipality||24 Hour Call Centre||022 701 7061 | 022 701 6974 ||
022 715 3256
|Fire Services||Saldanha Bay Fire Services West Coast |
District Municipality Fire Services
|022 713 1815 | 086 007 3473 ||
022 433 8700
|Police||St Helena Bay Hopefield |
|022 736 8060 | 022 723 8000 | 022 714 8333|
We trust you will enjoy your stay at Salty Sandals.